Valiant Entertainment is proud to announce its Virtual Portfolio Review program to nurture aspiring comic book creators, help them grow, and find new voices to work with on future projects.
In lieu of open-call portfolio review sessions at conventions, the award-winning publisher will offer digital one-on-one portfolio reviews for aspiring interior artists, cover artists, colorists, and letterers.
These virtual one-on-one sessions will take place with senior editors Heather Antos (QUANTUM & WOODY, X-O MANOWAR) or Lysa Hawkins (RAI, BLOODSHOT) and will run for approximately ten minutes. Please read the below information very carefully for submission details, deadlines, and suggestions.
- Thursday, July 9th from 12pm-2pm EST
- Friday, July 10th from 12pm-2pm EST
How to Submit
- Email your submission to PortfolioReview@
- Subject line: Name, Discipline, Available Date
- Subject line example: Ray Garrison, Cover Artist, July 9th & 10th
- Please note: Submissions should be a single PDF document with an information page in the back that includes your name, a link to your online portfolio, and your contact information.
- For July 9th Session: Wednesday, July 8th at 12pm EST
- For July 10th Session: Thursday, July 9th at 12pm EST
- Those selected will be notified by Wednesday, July 8th, and Thursday, July 9th, no later than 10pm EST.
- Interior artists: Feature action beats and talking heads.
- Letterers: Include a variety of genres and SFX.
- Colorists: Present covers and interiors.
- All submitters: Include no more than 15 pages of materials.