20th Century Fox has released the first trailer for the YA action adventure film The Darkest Minds and it looks pretty good.


In a future where 98% of the world’s children die from a mysterious illness, the remaining 2% percent begin to develop superpowers. Their abilities become a threat to the government and they are rounded up and placed in internment camps. A sixteen year old girl named Ruby emerges as one of the most powerful beings on the planet and she uses her powers to escape. On the run from the government and a bounty hunter sent to track her down, Ruby meets with a group of escaped kids who have formed a makeshift family and resistance cell to take back control of their future.

The Darkest Minds stars Amandla Stenberg (Everything, Everything), Harris Dickinson (Trust), Mandy Moore (This is Us), Patrick Gibson (The OA) and Gwendoline Christie (Star Wars: The Last Jedi).

When teens mysteriously develop powerful new abilities, they are declared a threat by the government and detained. Sixteen-year-old Ruby, one of the most powerful young people anyone has encountered, escapes her camp and joins a group of runaway teens seeking safe haven. Soon this newfound family realizes that, in a world in which the adults in power have betrayed them, running is not enough and they must wage a resistance, using their collective power to take back control of their future.


The Darkest Minds opens in theaters August 3, 2018.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.