This week is the 80th Anniversary of one of my personal favorite superheroes, Green Lantern and to celebrate the long history of the Corps.
To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, DC will be publishing Green Lantern 80th
Since the first Green Lantern was introduced in All-American Comics #16 in May 1940 by artist Martin Nodell and writer Bill Finger, the Green Lanterns have been fan-favorite characters with millions of comic book fans. From that first ring-wielding Lantern to the latest, and every strong-willed Super Hero in-between, many have spoken the Green Lantern oath and pledged to defend their home sector from evils of every nature. Now, in 2020, this corps of extraterrestrial space police built up from all alien races and places are celebrating 80 years of keeping the DC universe safe!
The all-star artists celebrating the Green Lantern with their variant covers include:
- 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
- 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
- 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
- 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
- 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
- 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
- 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair
The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Annivers
Green Lantern 80th Anniversary